just a quick recipe with kale. up until about 3 years ago, i never eaten kale before but as a gift for my birthday my mom sent me an edible arrangement bouquet. i realized that the base of the arrangement was filled with kale, so i thought, why not try it? i did, and i'm hooked! this was a quick & easy recipe, can't get better than that! you will need:
-2 medium potatoes cut into small pieces
-1/2 a bag of shredded carrots
- 1 med. onion diced up
-1 tbsp of minced garlic
-1 large piece of chicken cut up.
- salt & pepper to taste, also any fresh herbs that you'd like
1. heat up some olive oil in a pot. add the garlic and onions, cook & stir for about 2 minutes.
2. add chicken, throw in your salt, pepper & herbs then cook until all the chicken is white.
3. add 3-4 cups of water, throw in the potatoes & carrots. cover. let boil for 35 minutes.
4. add in the kale and let it cook altogether for 5 minutes.
5. eat & enjoy!
* did you know that kale: is low calorie, high in fiber, has no fat, it's high in iron, high in vitamin k, high in antioxidants, high in vitamin a, high in vitamin c & high in calcium? YUP! it's the bomb for you so eat up! *